Thursday, July 15, 2010




Josh's Birthday was last Friday. He turned thirty years old this year. I am so amazed at how quickly time has past us by. When I met Josh, I was fifteen years old. At the time, I didn't know how much I needed him. Looking back now, I can see how Heavenly Father had a careful hand in bringing us together. Now here we are, nearly a decade and a half later, and I am still just as foolishly in love with him as I was when I was sixteen. I know I am lucky to have a man like this in my life. I compare myself to Eliza Doolittle on My Fair Lady. She was wildly uncivilized and terribly improper. She meets a Henry Higgins, who is quite the contrary. They fall in love as Higgins teaches Eliza to be proper. Well, maybe I am not just like Eliza. Afterall, she does appear quite proper in the end. Anyone who knows me, knows I am anything but proper. Nevertheless, changes I have made for the better, began in my relationship with Josh. Mostly, Josh teaches me to allow myself to be loved, to love, to have fun, to LIVE life with joy today and hope for tomorrow. Even in his darkest times, he is my light. ( I love you babe! Thank you for being mine!)

Our girls think he is pretty special, too. While Josh was sleeping before work, Elaina made him a Birthday cake with a little help from mom. (You did a great job sweetie... and SO delicious!) Sydney was sick with Tonsillitis that day, but still tried to celebrate with the rest of us. She loves her daddy. We all do!

Happy Birthday Josh!

No comments: